• Pfeiffer Wines Rutherglen
  • Pfeiffer Wines Rutherglen
  • Pfeiffer Wines Rutherglen
  • Pfeiffer Wines Rutherglen

Welcome to our online wine store. Ordering our award winning wines via our secure online transaction facility is the quickest and easiest method of purchasing directly from our winery.   Don't forget to log in with your Pfeiffer Wine Club Membership code if you are a Pfeiffer Wine Club Member to ensure you receive your 10% discount.  


We still highly value all wine orders received by telephone, mail, fax or email, so if you would prefer to continue placing your orders this way, then we are very happy for you to continue doing so. Simply download the Current Order Form and return it to us.


2019 Pfeiffer Shiraz

A delicious wine with a great integration of berries, oak and fine long tannins.
Normal Price: $28.00
Wine Club Price: $25.20

Grapes Shiraz

Vintage 2019

Seal A screw cap has been used on our 2019 Shiraz to maximise its flavour and freshness, and to eliminate the chances of cork taint.

Reviews Not Shown Yet

Awards GOLD: Rutherglen Wine Show 2021
Fruit Sourcing North East Victoria - Rutherglen, King Valley, Alpine Valley

Harvest Date February and March 2019

Vintage Like most of south eastern Australia, Rutherglen experienced dry conditions in winter and spring of 2018. Our annual rainfall for 2018 was well below the average 565mm, with only 316mm falling for the year. With such low rainfall, we were forced to commence irrigation in late September to try to build canopy strength. Irrigation continued throughout the rest of the year, constantly throughout the summer and also during the harvest.

We experienced one of our hottest summers on record, with several weeks of temperatures above 40C in January. These exceptionally hot and dry conditions resulted in low yields, particularly in Chardonnay for the whites (which was around 40% down), in Shiraz for the reds (which was around 50%) and in our Muscat and Topaques (which were around 50% down). Overall our yields were 25-30% lower than forecasted.

Vintage commenced on the 21st February, with Pinot Grigio, Frontignac and Shiraz all being harvested on the first day. We experienced yet another compressed vintage, with 90% of our intake being harvested in 5 weeks and the remaining 10% of our intake being harvested in the subsequent 4 weeks. This of course put a lot of pressure on fermenter space, refrigeration and our staff, with such an intense period in the vintage.

Fruit quality is good, with the white varieties showing strong varietal characters and surprisingly good acidity given the hot weather. Our red wines have exceptional deep and dark purple colours, with ripe, generous and concentrated flavours, very much reflective of the vintage. Our fortified wines have performed strongly as well, with our Portuguese varieties for our port styles being particularly good and our Muscat and Topaque wines having great lusciousness and depth of flavour.

Winemakers Comments The 2019 Pfeiffer Shiraz is a blend of 4 different parcels from four different vineyard sites in North Eastern Victoria. Each parcel was handled separately, being picked on different dates.  Two parcels were fermented in open vats with hand plunging 3 times daily.  They were both pressed into brand new American and French oak barrels (puncheons and hogsheads) with around 1/3 of the ferment remaining. The other two parcels commenced fermentation in stainless steel fermenters, after a cold soak for 2-3 days. These parcels finished fermentation on skins and were pressed into stainless steel tanks to undergo MLF.

The barrel fermented parcels were matured on their yeast lees for approximately 3 months, with weekly batonage.  In July 2019, the Pfeiffer Shiraz 2019 blend was put together in tank and cold stabilized prior to being transferred back into barrels for maturation. Maturation took place in French and American oak hogsheads and puncheons for a further 12 months, with approximately 35% new oak.  The wine was then selected from the very best of these barrels, blended and clarified prior to bottling in early September 2020.

Our 2019 Pfeiffer Shiraz has a dark purple red colour. The nose abounds with ripe red berry and spicy fruit flavours, enhanced by fresh, new oak characters.  The palate is rich and concentrated, with lovely mid-palate sweetness and long, savoury tannins.

Partners Fillet steak, cooked to perfection, with twice cooked fries and steamed beans.

Cellar A wonderful wine to enjoy now and over ten years until 2029.

Vegan Friendly Vegan NO | Vegetarian YES.  Produced with the aid of egg products and traces may remain.  

Yeast Rhone 2056 – A yeast which enhances colour and heightens the fruit character of the grapes.
FX 10 – A yeast that improves the mouthfeel of the wine and allows for site expression.

Allergens Preservative (220) Added.

Technical Details Res. Sugar .78 g/L
pH 3.60
TA 6.42 g/L
Alcohol 14.9 % v/v